Marzoli in the years
Cristoforo Marzoli, at the time serving in the Imperial Navy austro-hungarian, opened a small mechanical workshop. Besides the manufacturing of weapons, taps and fittings and pump, he specialized in the production of spare parts for spinning machines for silk, cotton and linen.
With the help of his sons Francesco, Gaetano and Vittoriuo, and following the suggestions of the marquis Ponti, industrial cotton spinner, Cristoforo Marzoli began the manufacturihng of parts for spinning machines that till then were only manufactured in England.
The firm moved in an old silk spinning mill owned by the Countship Lantieri dé Paratico with the aims to create an own foundry and to begin the construction of spinning machines.
Francesco Marzoli kept on managing his father's company while his brothers decided to leave the company. In 1903 the workers were already 50.
Beside the creation of the new foundry there was the first mechanical workshop with machines coming from America.
The technical contribution of Luigi Marzoli, back from the experience in the English mills, was determined and the firm changed to Fratelli Marzoli & C. limited partnership company.
Even if in the first decade of '900 it was struck by a crisis in the field of silk and cotton production, the Company was able to open new markets particularly in Austria.
Francesco Marzoli was appointed Work Knight when the workshop covered already an area of 20.000 smq with 222 workers. In 1917 they would be 547.
During the 1st World War the company produced bullets, also of large calibre, guns and machine-guns.
When Francesco Marzoli died, the management of the Company was transferred to his sons Luigi, Carlo and Italo who managed the various departments achieving new European and worldwide markets (first supplies to India).
After the 1st World War the workshop became wider thanks to the work of Luigi Marzoli who went to America to deepen his knowledge on textile machines manufactured there; Carlo instead followed commercial matters, Italo managed the productive sector, and the younger Martino, Roberto and Arnaldo started their support as well. At that time there were 887 workers: 587 males, 273 females and 27 boys.
Marzoli succeeded in supplying to Crespi Mill the first installations completely produced solely with Italian materials.
Marzoli supplied the first throwing-mill for rayon to Chatillon and produced the first Balilla T12 Card, the C6 Comber and the S4 Ring Spinning Frame.
As a prize for his growing trade Luigi Marzoli was appointed Work Knight and became, also, chairman of the Brescia Industrial Union. Now the Marzoli was a big company able to produce the complete range of machines for cotton-spinning, silk and synthetic fibres.
When the home-product policy and the II Ward War imposed even more severe limitations to raw materials imports, Marzoli purchased iron ores in Valtrompia and Valcamonica reaching in 1942 a production over hundred tons per day. At the same time the Company secured itself the power supply carrying out hydroelectric installations in Urago and Palosco with 3000 Kw capacity. During the II World War the Company began to produce war material which still today are kept samples in the Marzoli Museum of Palazzolo sull'Oglio.
These are the years of the great industrial boom. The mechanized-textile company increased its production and Marzoli offered its much famous machines: the T15/3 card; the S5 ring spinning frame and the P3G roving frame.
Luigi's son, Angelo with his cousins Francesco, Agostino, Giorgio and Giuseppe actively dedicated to improving the technical and commercial activities, bringing new developments to the company, and the limited Partnership Company become a joint-stock company, one of the most important company into the textile machines production. At that time the workshop covered 70.000 sqm and the workers increased to over 1000.
Mr Pietro Bianchi Marzoli became the Managing Director of the Company. The company understood the relevance of automation of all the spinning processes and it produced the first automated line sold under the logo "Fully automated spinning mills". This choice was a great success: the company became leader in all the industrialized market where it sold about 1.200.000 spindles. The best company innovations were: the C300 card, the BC16 roving frame, the NSF ring spinning frame and the PX2 comber.
The Marzoli family left the ownership of the company to other manufacturers of textile machines.
Marzoli International in the USA was founded with the aim to offer a direct contact with the American market.
The Company supplies more than 30% of the spinning machines bought in the world (short staple fibres). Its sales are distributed as follow: 47% to Europe, 40% to Nafta, 7% to South America and 6% to Far East.
In March 3rd, 1999 the Camozzi Group acquired the property of the company. Since that date, the President is Mr. Attilio Camozzi.
MARZOLI CELEBRATES HER 160 YEARS OF SUCCESSES